Topic: INTERVIEW WITH JIPMER 6th rank holder .

JIPMER 6th rank holder Dr.Nithya Attended the ENTIRE test series for JIPMER and TNPG conducted by xpress.

Here is what she says .

TOPPER JIPMER 2013 - UR-6th RANK OBC-3rd RANK

Congratulations on securing a good rank. What is the secret of your success in this exam?
THANKS TO XPRESS for giving me this opportunity..i feel my hardwork and sincere efforts are my secret of success.

How did your parents, family and friends contribute to your success?

without them i cant do it.whenever i felt depressed,they encouraged me well.

Who influenced you to take up Medicine?
my parents and i am interested in medicine.

We appreciate the fact that preparing for an extremely competitive exam must be really challenging.During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
i doubted.but i had confidence in my efforts.

Which books did you read for the theory part?
i didn’t read theory books separately.i read only mcq books.mudit,ashish,across,sparsh,jain right from the beginning of my preparation.extra points i got from coaching materials

Which books did you read for MCQ revision?
Which revision books were the most productive and which were least?
Mudit,ashish,vision.i feel vision the most productive in last minute preparation.no idea about least.

How important you think was xpress in your preparation?
xpress guided me in my crucial time in tnpg and jipmer preparation.i came to my form after neet and pgi only because of xpress..

What do you think is the better way of preparation between selective, intensive study and wide, extensive study? What did you choose as your style of studying?
mine is intensive. v should not be too selective or extensive.

Indian PG entrances are highly competitive so to compete them students end up in appearing in multiple PG exams , kindly extend your views on this and also their pros and cons of appearing in multiple PG entrances ...

its true.its highly competitive.if it will be single entrance its good. seats will not get wasted. Deserving students get their seats.but a single exam day will decide our fate.if there are state exam or others we can prepare more better and get through it.

Which subjects did you focus on?
first and final year subjects.

What was your strategy for the exam day? How many questions did you attempt and why?.
i revised what i read..i attempted 240 questions.some i felt all options are correct.some new to me.but attempting more is safer i feel.

What do you want to specialize in, why and where?
paediatrics.i inspired from my college(Madurai)paediatrics department..to do in institutes like jipmer,aiims.pgi,mmc ich,Madurai medical college..

EXPERIENCE WITH XPRESS:
I really got benefitted by xpress.i felt ease as xpress members are my batchmates.friendly.exam fees are not costly.they showed my potential in jipmer and tnpg mocks.thank you very much.

Xpress